Thursday, July 7, 2011

Where It All Vegan

Today my co-workers decided to take me out for a belated birthday lunch. We usually go to some whatever place where everyone can find food easily. This time they decided to let me go to Native Foods, a completely vegan restaurant. Everyone was a little afraid of the menu and were probably immediately regretting their decision.
Everyone finally made lunch selections and we sat down at a large table. While waiting for our food they were all looking around the restaurant like it was an alien world. Food finally arrived and I dug in. I looked up from my plate shortly after starting and noticed everyone had their cell phones out and taking pictures of their food. One of them said that they had to post it on Facebook because no one would believe that she ate there.
Once they got starting eating they realized that the food is actually good and they enjoyed it. Many sweet potato fries met their inevitable demise. After lunch one of the girls bought me a chocolate cupcake and they all sang happy birthday to me in the middle of the restaurant. It was worth it for the cupcake. It's sitting on my desk right now waiting to be consumed as an afternoon snack.

The moral of the story is; don't judge a book by it's... bla bla bla. I don't care - I got a cupcake out of the deal either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment